Senior Java Backend Developer (Platform)
The Market Logic Platform API & Services team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Java Backend Developer (Platform) to work full time in our Berlin office.
About Market Logic
Market Logic helps the world’s best brands to make fast, winning decisions that accelerate growth. We do this with marketing insight platforms that automate innovation, marketing and research workflows, with the right insights at the right time. Market Logic supports brands in 190 countries across CPG/FMCG, retail, finance and media sectors, including Unilever, News Corp, P&G, Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola and Tesco. We employ 300+ software developers, data scientists, business consultants and marketing professionals at regional headquarters in Berlin Germany and Chicago Illinois and Singapore. For more information see www.marketlogicsoftware.com.
- You will contribute to the development of a set of newly developed products using cutting-edge technologies
- Build and manage micro services using Spring Boot and other modern Java enterprise technologies to extend our auto scaling cloud platform services
- Build clean REST APIs which can be shared with internal and external consumers
- Build and work with No-SQL, SQL based persistence storages
- Be responsible for production deployment and monitoring of these services using Docker with help from our Dev Ops team.
- Adhere to the best practices like Unit Testing, TDD, Continuous Deployment
- 5 or more years of experience on fast-paced server-side Java projects. Some startup exposure will be very beneficial.
- Proficient design and development experience with Microservices / Microservice Architecture
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Integration knowledge would be a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and docker would be a big plus
- Experience with data persistence. Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Hibernate would be beneficial
- Familiar with Maven or Gradle
- Pragmatic with a can-do attitude
- Strong interest in maintainability and clean code, OO principles and design patterns
- Preference to working in teams, sharing knowledge, and growing by listening to others' feedback
What we offer
- Work in an entrepreneurial, fast growing and successful business environment
- Join an agile team in implementing complex features with modern technologies
- The opportunity to develop into taking over team or technical responsibilities in a rapidly growing company
- Performance-oriented remuneration
- An experienced, professional team with flat hierarchies
- Daily fresh fruit, German classes, kicker table, recreation room complete with an Xbox
- Various team events throughout the year