About Market Logic:
Market Logic helps the world’s best brands to make fast, winning decisions that accelerate growth. We do this with marketing insight platforms that automate innovation, marketing and research workflows, with the right insights at the right time. Market Logic supports brands in 190 countries across CPG/FMCG, retail, finance and media sectors, including Unilever, American Express, News Corp, P&G, Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola and Tesco. We employ 300+ software developers, data scientists, business consultants and marketing professionals at regional headquarters in Berlin, Chicago, and Singapore. For more information see www.marketlogicsoftware.com.
About the job:
Market Logic’s Design team has an immediate opening for a Junior or Mid-Level Product Designer in our Berlin offices.
As an integral part of an agile team, you will work directly with the team’s Product Manager as well as our VP of Design, other Product Designers, and UX Research and UX Architecture teams to help guide the design and development of a platform that’s used by marketing departments and teams in some of the largest companies in the world.
You’ll be responsible for the design of a portion of our platform and define the user experience, interactions and interface design for both desktop and native mobile iOS and Android apps. You will use and contribute to our design system, and be pivotal in helping define UX and consistency of design across a large-scale enterprise platform.
On the design teams we are passionate about great design. Our mantra is, “Clean, simple, elegant, intuitive.” We are designing for executive leaders and thousands of users within major world-wide companies, so we care deeply about the details and we provide them a world class user experience. We are constantly growing, innovating, and learning from best practices and future trends in user experience design. We believe in being the best versions of ourselves and working in our strengths as we daily do what we do best to collaborate within our teams and deliver amazing software.
Bring with you an awesome portfolio, a sense of humor, and an insatiable appetite for design greatness.
- Know our customers, users, industries, and use cases
- Be inherently inclusive in your design processes and interactions with colleagues and stake holders
- Communicate and build consensus around experience architecture and interaction designs
- Facilitate design sessions, design thinking, and design sprints
- Be the design owner for an agile team
- Collaborate with the UX Researcher Team
- Develop and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines in our design system
- Design for a unified experience between the browser and mobile apps across responsive sizes from large desktop monitors to tablets, touchscreens, and phone.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders, including your management team, through implementation phase to design intent and execution
- Follow design work through the entire development process
- Demonstrate design concepts through mockups and prototypes
- Foster innovation
- Be passionate about the details, ensuring everything is in its right place when communicating design specs with your team
- Follow-through: keep watch of the shipped product and iterate for improvements
- Always look for opportunities to design for customer delight
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Expertise in Sketch is a must
- Expertise in InVision is beneficial
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, including being detail oriented
- Ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture
- Experience with both mobile and desktop
- Experience working on enterprise software or complex interfaces is preferred
- Experience creating and managing UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines is beneficial
- Experience in utilizing results from qualitative and quantitative UX research, validation, and usability testing is preferred
- Exposure and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies
- Understand and be able to design for responsiveness across a wide range of sizes as well as native mobile apps
- Be well versed in the present and future trends in design and the impact that mobile is having on the field
- Agile experience is preferred
- Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products within milestone deadlines
- Experience partnering with multi-discipline design teams in shipping compelling user experiences
- A product design related BA/BS degree is strongly preferred
- Portfolio review is required
- Exciting work with one of the leading market research software products
- An agile environment where design is an integral part of the process
- Senior company management that unanimously believes in the value of design and the importance of strong design teams and talented designers that lead the way for the entire platform
- The opportunity to solve difficult design challenges and enjoy the success of delivering the solutions
- A long-term and well-planned career path with good opportunities for growth and advancement
- Flexible working hours, German classes, regular team lunches, bike leasing, and fresh fruit in the office