Machine Learning Engineer (Java/Python)
The Market Logic Development team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer (Java/Python) to work full time in our Berlin-based office.
About Market Logic
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and more.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing, and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
- You will contribute to the development of a set of newly developed machine learning products using the cutting-edge technologies
- Work with varied and exciting datasets from Text, Social and Quantitative and various applications like Named Entity Recognition, Graph Analytics, Chatbot, Question Answering, Recommendation Systems, etc.
- Work with data scientists contribute to the development and implementation of machine learning services/applications
- Within our software stack you will have the opportunity to gather experience, learn or refine your existing skills in areas such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Java
- Be responsible for production deployment and monitoring Data micro services using Docker, Kubernetes with help from our Dev Ops team
- Adhere to the best practices like Unit Testing, TDD, Continuous Deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, information systems, engineering)
- You have 3 or more years of experience on server side Java / Python projects with machine learning components
- You have experience building and running large scale applications using SpringBoot or Python frameworks
- You have experience with Apache Spark / Hadoop
- You are pragmatic and want to get things launched. Strong interest in maintainability and clean code, OO principles and design patterns
- Plus: Experience with Graph Databases ( Neo4J ), Search Engines (Elastic Search) and NoSQL Databases (Mongo, HBase)
- Plus: Machine Learning fields: Natural Language Processing, Graph Processing, Recommendation Systems
- Plus: Machine Learning APIs: IBM Watson / Alchemy / Google Cloud Vision etc.
What we offer
- Work in an entrepreneurial, fast growing and successful business environment
- Join an agile team in implementing complex features with modern technologies
- The opportunity to develop into taking over team or technical responsibilities in a rapidly growing company
- Performance-oriented remuneration
- An experienced, professional team with flat hierarchies
- Daily fresh fruit, German classes, kicker table, recreation room complete with an Xbox
- Various team events throughout the year