Java Backend Developer (Enterprise Services)
The Market Logic Development team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Java Backend Developer (Enterprise Services) to work full time in our Berlin-based offices in Kurfürstendamm.
About Market Logic
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and more.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing, and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
- You will contribute to the development of a set of newly developed products using cutting-edge technologies
- Build and manage micro services using Spring Boot and other modern Java enterprise technologies to extend our auto scaling cloud platform services
- Build clean REST APIs which can be shared with internal and external consumer
- Build and work with No-SQL, SQL based persistence storages
- Be responsible for production deployment and monitoring these services using Docker with help from our Dev Ops team.
- Adhere to the best practices like Unit Testing, TDD, Continuous Deployment
- You have 3 or more years of experience on fast-paced server side Java projects. Some startup exposure will be very beneficial.
- You have proficient design and development experience with Microservices / Microservice Architecture
- You have extensive experience with Hibernate
- You have experience with Spring Boot
- You have experience with data persistence. Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB would be beneficial.
- You have used Maven or Gradle
- You're pragmatic and want to get things launched. Strong interest in maintainability and clean code, OO principles and design patterns
- You prefer working in teams, you share your knowledge, and you grow by listening to others' feedback
What we offer
- Work in an entrepreneurial, fast growing and successful business environment
- Join an agile team in implementing complex features with modern technologies
- The opportunity to develop into taking over team or technical responsibilities in a rapidly growing company
- Performance-oriented remuneration
- An experienced, professional team with flat hierarchies
- Daily fresh fruit, German classes, kicker table, recreation room complete with an Xbox
- Various team events throughout the year
Please apply with with your CV, include your LinkedIn/Xing profile, and show us some code from recent pet projects and experiments.
If you didn't have time to work on any side projects recently, please describe your most complex coding challenges in the past year, and how you approached and solved them. Please try to be as specific as possible.