Director Product Management
The Director Product Management will take full ownership of one of the existing modules shaping our Marketing Information System, equally covering inbound and outbound product management responsibilities, to drive further evolution and maintain the competitive lead. We are looking for an experienced thought leader who can drive the vision and manage a program backlog.
About Market Logic
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and more.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing, and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
PositionThe Director Product Management Marketing will take full ownership of the existing Marketing module, equally covering inbound and outbound product management responsibilities, to drive further evolution and maintain the competitive lead. This includes aspects of marketing automation as well as marketing assistants based on leading edge cognitive technology.
Reporting & Key Interactions
- The Director Product Management will report to the VP Product Management
- S/he will be peer to other Product Managers responsible for application modules
- S/he will work in tight coordination with Product Owners, the respective leaders of the development organization to define and deliver product releases
- S/he will support in developing sales plans and support material
Responsibilities & Tasks
As a member of the core product management team, this role will have significant impact on the future direction of the application portfolio. The role will take on full ownership for one module, equally covering inbound and outbound product management tasks, including:
- Understand the market: become a recognized domain expert, monitor the competitive landscape and constantly challenge our positioning to develop a compelling product vision
- Define the product: Work with lead customers to capture user journeys, define, iterate and productize improvements; operationalize the vision into a product roadmap
- Build the product: Work with Product owners as well as UI/UX Design and Engineering to transform requirements into world-class software
- Launch the product: support Professional Service in applying the product in live customer cases
- Sell the product: Review RFPs, educate Sales and provide support with solution architecture and proposal writing
- Expand the product: Track and measure usage, establish deep customer understanding through constant engagement with clients and prospects, buyers, and end-users; support Professional Service
- The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience in a client-facing role for enterprise software that supports large organizations with their operational workflows. Relevant backgrounds may comprise product management, solution architecting or pre-sales focused roles
- S/he will possess strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills, be able to multi-task, and have the flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities
- The candidate will understand the dynamics and challenges of managing a product delivered as Software-as-a-Service and have experience working in an agile software development environment
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in formulating winning value propositions, delivering a compelling product in time and quality, and enabling sales and service force to execute for success
- Proven value proposition with blue chip reference customers like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Mondelez, Allianz, etc.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial business environment where your ideas and experiences are welcome
- Work in an entrepreneurial, fast growing and successful business environment
- Experienced international management and intercultural environment with flat hierarchies
- Join an agile team in implementing complex features with modern technologies
- Flexible working hours, German classes, regular team lunches, bike leasing and fresh fruits in the office :)