Agile Product Owner
Build winning products, delivering great value to customers.
About Market Logic
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and more.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing, and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
The Agile Product Owner (PO) will work inside the Product Management organization to drive the implementation of innovative components and functionalities of our Marketing Information System. Primarily focussed on of the core modules, the PO will own the team backlog, drive the implementation by defining prioritized user stories and accepting stories in sprint reviews.
Reporting & Key Interactions
- The Agile Product Owner will report to the VP Product Management.
- S/he will be peer to other Product Managers who own the program backlog.
- S/he will work in tight coordination with other Product Owners, the respective leaders of the development organization to define and deliver product releases.
- S/he will support in developing sales plans and support material.
Responsibilities & Tasks
As a member of the core product management team, this role will have significant impact on the future direction of the application portfolio. The PO shall bridge between Product Managers, who act more outbound, and the engineering teams. Primary tasks include:
- Establish daily way of working with engineering as well as QA, UX and design teams
- Define acceptance criteria
- Describe user stories and build a prioritized backlog based on the program backlog of Product Managers
- Interact closely with engineering and ensure fast decision making to ensure committed deliveries
- Accept stories in sprint reviews
- Support colleagues from Professional Services in their daily operations and technical questions on modules
- 3+ years of working experience as PO in agile environment, ideally managing a product delivered as Software-as-a-Service
- Good understanding of software development and IT architectures. While coding skills are not required, it is essential that the candidate can define and translate business requirements to more technical requirements and work closely with engineering towards delivering against these
- Strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills, be able to multi-task and efficiently react on continuously changing requirements
- Ability to learn quick, think abstract and design highly configurable solutions
- Willingness to take over the product ownership of one of the oldest and biggest modules of our application
- Proven value proposition with blue chip reference customers like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Mondelez, Allianz, etc.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial business environment where your ideas and experiences are welcome
- Work in an entrepreneurial, fast growing and successful business environment
- Experienced international management and intercultural environment with flat hierarchies
- Join an agile team in implementing complex features with modern technologies
- Flexible working hours, German classes, regular team lunches, bike leasing and fresh fruits in the office :)