Senior Java Backend Developer
The Market Logic Platform API & Services team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Java Backend Developer (Platform) to work full time in our Berlin office.
About Market Logic
Market Logic makes enterprise software for the world’s best brands. We deliver Insights Portals to share and promote knowledge, Intelligence Portals to analyze markets and competitors, and Market Insights Platforms to generate insights from data and inject these in business processes. Our software is used to drive customer centricity in consumer-packaged goods, healthcare, retail, financial services, telecom, travel and media sectors, where our clients collaborate with over 600 agencies online.
Market Logic is a diverse and dynamic team who believe market and consumer data must drive business processes, and that software can enable this transformation. We employ 300+ software developers, data scientists and marketing professionals at our regional headquarters in Berlin, Chicago, Pune and Singapore.
For more information see www.marketlogicsoftware.com.
- You will contribute to the development of a set of newly developed products using cutting-edge technologies
- Build and manage micro services using Spring Boot and other modern Java enterprise technologies to extend our auto scaling cloud platform services
- Build clean REST APIs which can be shared with internal and external consumers
- Build and work with No-SQL, SQL based persistence storages
- Be responsible for production deployment and monitoring of these services using Docker with help from our Dev Ops team.
- Adhere to the best practices like Unit Testing, TDD, Continuous Deployment
- 5+ years of experience on fast-paced server-side Java projects
- Startup exposure is a big plus
- Proficient design and development experience with Microservices / Microservice Architecture
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Integration knowledge would be a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and docker would be a big plus
- Experience with data persistence. Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Hibernate would be beneficial
- Familiar with Maven or Gradle
- Pragmatic with a can-do attitude
- Strong interest in maintainability and clean code, OO principles and design patterns
- Preference to working in teams, sharing knowledge, and growing by listening to feedback
What we offer
- Work in an entrepreneurial, fast growing and successful business environment
- Join an agile team in implementing complex features with modern technologies
- The opportunity to develop into taking over team or technical responsibilities in a rapidly growing company
- Performance-oriented remuneration
- An experienced, professional team with flat hierarchies
- Daily fresh fruit, German classes, kicker table, recreation room complete with an Xbox
- Various team events throughout the year