Data Protection Officer
The Market Logic Technology team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Data Protection Officer (m/f) to work full time in our Berlin-based offices in Kurfürstendamm.
About Market Logic:
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and Automotive.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing, and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective, and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
About the position:
As a data protection officer, you have the opportunity to work independently on different tasks in a dedicated team. You will be responsible for the implementation and further development of the compliance management system, with a focus on consulting and compliance with data protection at Market Logic Software. Use your professional and technical knowledge, develop creative ideas and implement them together with colleagues in Germany and US.
The role is expert in, and requires the ability for, interpretation of specific regulation and legislation (Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, legislation/regulation and guidance), relating to the way in which our business holds and uses information, personal data, including customer propositions and products, and to the supply, sales and delivery of those to customers.
- A completed university degree, in the field of law, economics, business informatics, business engineering, computer science, mathematics or similar
- Privacy certification is a highly preferable
- CISSP or CISM certifications are a plus
- Development of the data protection organization, processes and systems of Market Logic with a view to the new Data Protection Regulation 2018
- Co-ordinate Data Protection Act activities across all departments and Provide information and guidance on the processing of all personal data
- Develop, Implement and enforce a relevant Data Protection Policy, in accordance with both the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Collaborate with other Information Security, Information Technology, other control functions and departments to ensure both the program deployment and the daily operations are executed as per the plan and processes
- Ensure organizational compliance, and conformance with Data Protection Principles and identify and evaluate the key risk areas to the Market Logic’s Management
- Maintain and establish a register of data owners for sets of information and educate the data owners on their responsibilities (what is data, how is it used, who has access to it). Maintain data flow maps as necessary
- Undertake systematic Data Protection Act compliance audits, including any third-party premises where appropriate.
- Report to Management on the program progress, resources consumption and residual risks
- Being the lead contact with Market Logic Software with regard to data protection questions internally and externally, ensuring that requests for information are properly handled
- Undertake the lead role of investigations into complaints about breaches of the act and undertake reporting/remedial action as required. Maintain a log of any incidents and remedial recommendations and actions
- Interpret and provide guidance to the organization on forthcoming and actual changes to relevant legislation on Privacy and the Data Protection Act
- Promote Data protection awareness throughout the organization by providing workshops, trainings and written procedures that are widely disseminated and made available to all staff
- Develop and implement a Privacy Impact Assessment tool
- Ensure that developments in Data Protection requirements and legislation are tracked and that the organization is in apposition to comply with future requirements, maintain a roadmap of initiatives and a calendar of events associated with the Data Protection program
- At least 10 years’ relevant professional experience as data protection officer or consultant
- In-depth knowledge of European data protection law as well as in-depth basic knowledge in the area of compliance management systems and risk management, data collection and processing
- Broad understanding of technical and complex change programmes
- Sound knowledge in information technology and information security management and the relevant standards, e.g. ISO 27001
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, strategic thinking, proactive, structured and independent workings
- Excellent English skills in spoken and written, knowledge of another foreign language is an advantage
- Exciting work with one of the leading market research software products
- A fast-paced and fun environment with a young team and flat hierarchies
- A fun way to acquire new skills and expertise along the way
- Flexible working hours, German classes, regular team lunches, bike leasing and fresh fruits in the office :)