Senior Java Backend Developer
About Market Logic:
Market Logic makes enterprise software for the world’s best brands. We deliver Insights Portals to share and promote knowledge, Intelligence Portals to analyze markets and competitors, and Market Insights Platforms to generate insights from data and inject these in business processes. Our software is used to drive customer centricity in consumer-packaged goods, healthcare, retail, financial services, telecom, travel and media sectors, where our clients collaborate with over 600 agencies online.
Market Logic is a diverse and dynamic team who believe market and consumer data must drive business processes, and that software can enable this transformation. We employ 300+ software developers, data scientists and marketing professionals at our regional headquarters in Berlin, Chicago, Pune and Singapore.
For more information see www.marketlogicsoftware.com.
- Contribute to the development of our product using latest technologies
- Build clean REST APIs which can be shared with internal and external consumer
- Build and manage microservices using Spring Boot and other modern Java enterprise technologies to extend our auto scaling cloud platform services
- Assist in production deployment and monitoring these services using Docker with help from our DevOps team
- Build and work with, SQL based persistence storages
- Adhere to the best practices like Unit & Integration Tests, TDD, CI/CD, Functional & Technical Documentation
- Collaborate closely with development teams in Berlin and communicate on a daily basis with product owners.
- Work with agile methodologies (Scrum & Kanban) and you think in small product increments.
- You have 7 or more years of experience on fast-paced server side Java projects
- You are experienced with JEE, Spring Framework (Spring Boot and Spring Batch)
- You have experience with data persistence and ORM. Experience with PostgreSQL and Hibernate would be beneficial
- You have used Maven or Gradle
- Proficient design and development experience with Microservices / Microservice Architecture
- You have strong interest in maintainability and clean code, OO principles and design patterns
- You prefer working in teams, you share your knowledge, and you grow by listening to others' feedback
- Good understanding of software design patterns and best practices
- You are experienced with and comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Willing to travel to our Headquarter in Berlin, Germany
- Holding a valid passport
- Fluent English - Verbal and Spoken
- Willing to work in a new setup in India and help in the further growth of the team in India
Competitive Salary: We offer competitive salaries that are above the market average
Vacation: 24 vacation days and 10 floating public holidays (which you can take on the holidays that are most meaningful for you)
Healthcare: Medical insurance for you and your direct family members
Flexible Working Hours: Flexible working hours and an option to work from home on certain occasions
Great Location: Office in Mantri IT Park, Viman Nagar, Pune
Benefits: Discounts at various restaurants, cafes and gyms (arranged by our office provider)
Business Travel: An opportunity to travel to our Berlin headquarters