IT System Administrator
About Market Logic
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom and more.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective, and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
About the Job
The right candidate for this role will be responsible to ensure that the Market Logic Software IT computer systems, networks and related infrastructure remains available, reliable, performs efficiently, and securely at all times.
We are looking for a capable and motivated IT System Administrator to take over all aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our network and computer systems and be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting the IT infrastructure at Market Logic. Responsibilities will also include design and installation of LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
- Associate or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline degree or major.
- Extensive experience in Windows system administration and networking.
- Good experience in Linux system administration.
- Certifications are highly desirable but not required.
Technical Skills and Technologies Required
- 4+ years’ hands-on experience in Windows-based system administration and operations.
- 2 years in Linux system administration and maintenance.
- Administer and configure infrastructure, including Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMware, malware protection software, firewalls, routers, smart phone operating systems, WLAN, VPN, IDS, and DLP.
- Experience in networking standards such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and LAN/WAN.
- Design, deploy and maintain networks.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues to end users.
- Manage the configurations and operation of client-based OSs.
- Upgrade systems as required to enhance functionality and security issue resolution, following our internal processes.
- Monitor the systems on a daily basis, review logs and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Create and verify system backups and data integrity.
- Respond to and resolve Help Desk requests.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken German and English.
- You have solid Windows-based operations and administration skills.
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it.
- You are able to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You possess organizational and analytical skills, and superior problem solving skills.
- You are responsible, accountable and reliable.
- You can work under pressure and respond to Help Desk requests after-hours on a limited basis.
- Exciting work with one of the leading market research software products
- A fast-paced and fun environment with a young team and flat hierarchies
- A fun way to acquire new skills and expertise along the way
- Flexible working hours, German classes, regular team lunches, bike leasing and fresh fruits in the office :)