Software System Architect (Java, MicroServices, Spring)
About Market Logic
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom and more.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective, and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
- Responsible for overall application systems design
- Specify Architecture, Frameworks, Patterns & Best Practices, Principles & Guidelines for our software system
- Defining architectural and overall solutions for the Software to run in production
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of designing and constructing application systems and developing requirements and design specifications for new and existing applications
- Define and review Rest/Json APIs with the application development teams
- Serves as team leader in the integration of solutions, construction of applications, development of new business opportunities, and building of relationships with clients
- Experience around architecting existing systems for scalability and modernisation (Microservice design)
- Strong and broad software technology skills in Java
- Strong experience in Continuous Deployment and Devops as well as Continuous Integration and Testing environments
- Pro Agile, advocator of clean coding methods
- Strong hands on development background, with the ability to still dive into source code
- A broad and varied experience covering multiple technology areas (Infrastructure Services like Logging, Monitoring, Service Registry, Database Systems)
- Strong Experience on API Design (Rest/JSON interfaces, Messaging, etc.)
- Ideally experience of working in an iterative or agile delivery environment.
- A strong understanding of both technical and business solutions and benefits.
- Experience delivery solutions across Big Data, Cloud, SaaS and alike also are of benefit
- First class communication skills (ideally some consultancy or client facing experience)
- Ability to work at both a high and low level design stage
- A passion for technical architecture
- Work in an entrepreneurial, fast growing and successful business environment
- Join an agile team in implementing complex features with modern technologies
- The opportunity to develop into taking over team or technical responsibilities in a rapidly growing company
- Performance-oriented remuneration
- An experienced, professional team with flat hierarchies
- Daily fresh fruit, German classes, kicker table, recreation room complete with an Xbox
- Various team events throughout the year