Information Security and Risk Professional
The Market Logic Technology team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Information Security and Risk Professional to work full time in our Berlin-based office.
About Market Logic:
Market Logic makes enterprise software for the world’s best brands. We deliver Insights Portals to share and promote knowledge, Intelligence Portals to analyze markets and competitors, and Market Insights Platforms to generate insights from data and inject these in business processes. Our software is used to drive customer centricity in consumer-packaged goods, healthcare, retail, financial services, telecom, travel and media sectors, where our clients collaborate with over 600 agencies online.
Market Logic is a diverse and dynamic team who believe market and consumer data must drive business processes, and that software can enable this transformation. We employ 300+ software developers, data scientists and marketing professionals at our regional headquarters in Berlin, Chicago, Pune and Singapore.
For more information see www.marketlogicsoftware.com.
About the position:
This specialist role will be responsible for the implementation and validation of all security information and event management (SIEM) activities, ongoing routine maintenance of the security tools and infrastructure. This position is primarily responsible for the integration and management of secure, reliable, stable and dependable solutions and configurations that support and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the complex security systems, configurations and infrastructure of Market Logic Software.
The candidate will also be accountable for organizing, managing, presenting and documenting all vulnerability testing, findings and remediation tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline degree or major
- Information Security Professional Certification CISSP or similar security certification is required. CISA, CISM, CRISC
- Solid Experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, Java applications and software, communications, network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Technical Skills and Technologies Required
- Minimum 6 years Senior IT technical Engineer, ideally holding positions in both IT Software Engineering or IT Operations as well as Network Security
- Minimum 2 years of security analysis with an emphasis on penetration testing, experience in risk analysis is highly preferable
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, software, networking, troubleshooting, and security implementation
- Experience in defensive security measures including digital signatures, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, firewalls, software protection mechanisms, application/OS security measures, and IT security solution deployment
- Understanding of creating processes, procedures and solutions that reduce technical risk and increase operational efficiency
- Provides trouble resolution on complex problems and leads implementations for system and network security technologies; Leads security incident recoveries and root cause analysis
- Develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation
- Coordinates and prepares the reporting of data security events and incidents
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies
- Design & analyze mix of vendor services business meeting and information security requirements;
- Determine and perform complex configuration changes to meet business and information security requirements
- Serve as the technical escalation focal point for results of preventative maintenance routines; supervise preventative maintenance
- Represents infrastructure and network security support in significant projects and performs the most complex operations and administration tasks
- Organize, document and track security findings and remediation tasks to completion
- Performs other duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
- Valid work permit for Germany
- References from your previous employers
- You are ISMS practitioner and works in a domain of information security implementation
- You possess solid Linux and Java-based software security and risk assessment skills
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
- You are able to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- You possess Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You possess organizational and analytical skills and problem solving.
- You are responsible, accountable and reliable
- You are able to work under pressure and be available 24x7
- Work in an entrepreneurial, quickly changing business environment where your ideas and experiences are welcome
- Proven value proposition with customers like Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola, Mondelez, Allianz
- Diverse workforce with co-workers from over 50 nationalities
- Work-Life-Balance with flexible working hours, home-office opportunity and 30 vacation days
- Health initiatives like check-ups and company sporting events
- Regular breakfast and lunch roulette as well as fresh fruits every day
- We celebrate achievements together with: team events, off sites, summer and Christmas party
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, and provides a flexible, challenging and inclusive work environment – apply now!