Information Security and Risk Professional
The Market Logic Technology team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Information Security and Risk Professional (m/f) to work full time in our Berlin-based offices in Kurfürstendamm.
About Market Logic:
Too much data, not enough insights! Companies invest millions in market research, syndicated data, social media, analytics, etc. to understand consumers and monitor business performance. But reuse of past research and systematic knowledge-building is rare. Market Logic is a software company that's changing the way companies build consumer understanding and use it in innovation, marketing and sales. It's the platform for the CMO and VP Insights to truly become a consumer-centric organization. That's why our marketing information systems are used by global brands like Unilever, Coca Cola, Johnson & Johnson and many more in verticals like CPG/FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and Automotive.
We are a young and fresh team. Walk around our headquarters in Berlin, Germany and you'll see an open multi-cultural environment, where co-workers talk passionately about how to transform innovation, marketing, and sales. Every Market Logicer believes that market research and consumer data should be more effective, and that software can make it easier to manage and far more powerful.
About the position:
This specialist role will be responsible for the implementation and validation of all security information and event management (SIEM) activities, ongoing routine maintenance of the security tools and infrastructure. This position is primarily responsible for the integration and management of secure, reliable, stable and dependable solutions and configurations that support and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the complex security systems, configurations and infrastructure of Market Logic Software.
The candidate will also be accountable for organizing, managing, presenting and documenting all vulnerability testing, findings and remediation tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline degree or major
- Information Security Professional Certification CISSP or similar security certification is required. CISA, CISM, CRISC
- Solid Experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, Java applications and software, communications, network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Technical Skills and Technologies Required
- Minimum 6 years Senior IT technical Engineer, ideally holding positions in both IT Software Engineering or IT Operations as well as Network Security
- Minimum 2 years of security analysis with an emphasis on penetration testing, experience in risk analysis is highly preferable
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, software, networking, troubleshooting, and security implementation
- Experience in defensive security measures including digital signatures, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, firewalls, software protection mechanisms, application/OS security measures, and IT security solution deployment
- Understanding of creating processes, procedures and solutions that reduce technical risk and increase operational efficiency
- Provides trouble resolution on complex problems and leads implementations for system and network security technologies; Leads security incident recoveries and root cause analysis
- Develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation
- Coordinates and prepares the reporting of data security events and incidents
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies
- Design & analyze mix of vendor services business meeting and information security requirements;
- Determine and perform complex configuration changes to meet business and information security requirements
- Serve as the technical escalation focal point for results of preventative maintenance routines; supervise preventative maintenance
- Represents infrastructure and network security support in significant projects and performs the most complex operations and administration tasks
- Organize, document and track security findings and remediation tasks to completion
- Performs other duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
- Valid work permit for Germany
- References from your previous employers
- You are ISMS practitioner and works in a domain of information security implementation
- You possess solid Linux and Java-based software security and risk assessment skills
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
- You are able to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- You possess Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You possess organizational and analytical skills and problem solving.
- You are responsible, accountable and reliable
- You are able to work under pressure and be available 24x7
- Exciting work with one of the leading market research software products
- A fast-paced and fun environment with a young team and flat hierarchies
- A fun way to acquire new skills and expertise along the way
- Flexible working hours, German classes, regular team lunches, bike leasing and fresh fruits in the office :)